Truffle Trove, our extra mature Cheddar with Italian Black Summer truffle, is the star of this luxurious side dish. Oozing with creamy flavours and served bubbling and golden brown from the oven, it makes a decadent accompaniment to steak, duck confit or your favoruite roasted meat.
- 1. Butter a gratin dish and lightly rub garlic around dish
- 2. Layer the potatoes into the dish ensuring even neat layers
- 3. After each layer sprinkle with cheese and season and repeat until all potatoes used
- 4. Mix together the cream, milk, nutmeg and seasoning, then pour over the potatoes
- 5. Sprinkle to layer with remaining cheese and bake at 180C (gas 5) for 1 to ¼ hours until tender and golden brown.
This wonderful Cheddar also comes into its own in our Truffle Trove mac and cheese – a luxurious twist on the classic winter dish.