Macaroni cheese, a firm family favourite, gets a luxurious makeover with the addition of Truffle Trove, our extra mature Cheddar with Black Summer truffles. Whether you serve it as a side dish or as the main event, the earthy flavours of this creamy truffle mac and cheese will make it a surefire hit.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, remove and drain. Useful tip: rinse the pasta under boiling water to avoid pasta sticking together.
- Combine the flour, butter and mustard to make a paste
- Bring cream to a gentle simmer. Gradually add the paste and crushed garlic, stirring continuously on a simmering heat until the flour has cooked through (taste to check).
- Add Truffle Trove cheese and pasta and season to taste. Reserve a handful of cheese to sprinkle over the top of the dish.
- Transfer to a dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place under a hot grill until bubbling (approximately 5 mins).
- Serve with a wedge of ciabatta and a green, leafy salad.