Give afternoon tea – or dessert – a Snowdonia Cheese twist with this irresistible rhubarb tart recipe. Deliciously sweet and zingy, it’s created with fresh rhubarb and our own Rhubarb & Gin Chutney. Serve it with a generous spoonful of mascarpone and a sprinkling of pistachio nuts as a finishing touch.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Mix rhubarb, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Cut pastry into four rounds and place on a baking tray. Pinch pastry around the edge and brush with beaten egg.
- Place rhubarb on each tart, leaving a crust around the edge.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed.
- Spoon the Rhubarb & Gin Chutney over each tart and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Place a dessertspoon of mascarpone on each tart, sprinkle over the pistachio nuts and serve immediately.