This cheese-stuffed bread is a real sharing feast. A round sourdough loaf is hollowed out and filled with a mixture of cream cheese, Worcester sauce, paprika and Red Storm, our vintage Red Leicester, before being baked in the oven until the inside is melted. It’s perfect for dipping – we like to toast the discarded bread in the oven for this, served alongside a selection of crackers and crudités.
- Carefully cut a circle out of the loaf and remove the core of the bread, taking care not to damage the base crust or cheese will leak out.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Red Storm, Worcester sauce, a sprinkle of paprika and black pepper, and beat until smooth.
- Brush the inside of the loaf with melted butter and spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Cut the bread that was removed into small chunks, toss in olive oil and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the loaf on another baking sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until melted and golden brown.
- Serve with the chunks of oven-toasted bread and some crackers and crudités.