These elegant party canapes are just as tasty served warm from the oven as they prepared in advance and chilled in the fridge. They cleverly use ready-made puff pastry and pesto to make them super easy to assemble – and everyone loves the savoury flavours of Green Thunder, our mature Cheddar with roasted garlic and garden herbs.
- Preheat a fan oven to 200C.
- Unroll the pastry until flat.
- Spread the pesto thinly over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border around the edge.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pesto.
- Roll up the pastry tightly into a sausage shape and cut into 3cm discs, placing them flat on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve while still warm, or cool and store it in an air-tight container in the fridge.