Elevate the classic bacon mac and cheese recipe with the addition of Black Bomber extra mature Cheddar and grilled vine tomatoes. This creamy, savoury dish is a hearty option for a midweek supper and delicious served with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water according to the directions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, then add the flour. Stir and cook gently for 1 min. Gradually add the milk, stirring until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Add the mustard and half of the grated cheese, and season to taste.
- Grill the bacon and tomatoes on the vine until crispy and cooked. Cut the bacon into pieces and keep warm.
- Check the pasta is cooked and drain, reserving some of the liquid.
- Mix the macaroni and sauce together, adding some of the reserved liquid if the mixture is a little too thick.
- Put the macaroni and sauce in a heatproof dish, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a hot grill until golden and bubbling.
- Top with the crispy bacon and tomatoes and serve immediately.